From customer email


Just wanted to let you know I finished putting together my Wise Clock 4 and it looks and works great!  Only took me about 6 months to get started it J.  Thanks for putting together such a nice kit.  I didn�t install an xbee on it yet but hope to experiment with that sometime this year.   I really like all the different modes � and have to read up on what they all do.  Is there a good link you can point me to that describes them?  Hope you are still working on new clock ideas.  Think I saw your name as a supporter of the word clock out on kickstarter?
Bill

On the 3216 LED display from Sure Electronics:
I did look at the clocking relationships on the scope.
The clock to data hold timing on the HC164 was marginal, 2ns, versus -2ns typical and 4ns minimum. Meaning it will probably work, but it's not certain. CLK, DATA and WR are buffered through 2 sections of an HC04, with a delay of 11ns, but CS_OUT is not, so with every successive board in a chain this timing degrades. They ran out of HC04 gates. Installing the 10pf capacitor at C1 might help, but it's not ideal.
Don
















The zip file did the trick. I now have them both up and running. 
I've attached a pic for your viewing.
Brian















Just wanted to let you know that I received my kit yesterday and have already put it together.  I was surprised, having not done any soldering in a long time, that it went together easily and worked on the first try!
Michael

Big Thank YOU guys!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read analog input of Arduino Due board

Application Note of Cortex-M3 Embedded Software Development